Support Lake Houston Musical Arts Society
The Lake Houston Musical Arts Society (LHMAS) is a patron-supported organization. Subscriptions and ticket income covers less than a third of our operating expenses. Your membership is a tangible affirmation of your support of the musical arts and is an investment that will continue to enrich the performing arts in the Kingwood area. Donations of any size are welcome. Our status as a 501(c)(3) “public charity” makes LHMAS eligible for individual tax-deductible contributions, as well as for corporate matching. By establishing a tradition of annual giving, you can have pride in knowing your gift has helped to secure Lake Houston Musical Arts Society as a leading cultural institution and valued asset in the community.
There are many ways you can help support the Lake Houston Musical Arts Society
- Individual Giving – LHMAS relies on individual donations to the Annual Fund to fulfill our mission to inspire, educate and entertain. Each gift supports the music you hear and the artistic quality you experience and enriches our local community. If desired, your gift may be recognized Anonymously, In Honor of, In Memory of, or with a company name.
- Corporate Matching – Your gift could mean twice as much to LHMAS! Many area employers offer corporate matching programs. Check with your human resources department to find out about your employer’s match program.
- Sponsor or Underwrite a Concert – We are always looking for companies or individuals to underwrite Lake Houston Musical Arts Society concerts, in whole or in part.
You don’t need a lot of money to donate to LHMAS. You can make a difference by volunteering your time or donating gifts in kind.
- Become a Choir Liaison – Are you a member of a church choir or other musical organization? Become a LHMAS liaison and keep your choir up to date on our concerts, auditions, and other news.
- Donate Services – Can you or your company provide a service in support of LHMAS? Opportunies include catering, copy services, advertising, publicity, etc.
- Donate Supplies – What to see your dollars go to meet a specific need? Items like stamps, envelopes, printer paper/ink, computer software, choir folders, and much more are always needed. Also, sponsoring the cost of one or more uniforms can help keep costs down for a needy student.
- Donate Time – Board members chair several committes which sometimes have tasks that could benefit from a pool of ready volunteers.
- Give the Gift of Music – Purchase tickets to individual concerts or Season tickets to give as gifts to friends, neighbors, or employees.
- Go Shopping! – Do you regularly shop at Randalls or Kroger? Both allow shoppers to link their store cards to a charity(ies). More information and forms are available at our ticket table at every concert for the Randalls Good Neighbor Program or Kroger Neighbor to Neighbor.
- Link to our Website – Put a link to https://www.lhmas.org on your website, blog, or online profile
- Spread the Word – Do you know someone who loves music? Tell him/her about LHMAS and its performing ensembles, the Kingwood Big Band and Kingwood Chorale. Join our mailing list and when you get a concert notice, print out the attached flyer and ask if you can post it where you shop, work, relax, or workout.
If you would like more information on any of these opportunites, fill in and submit the contact form or, if at a concert, talk to any of our Board Members (look for the LHMAS name badge!)